H.E. Khalfan Belhoul
Chief Executive Officer
Dubai Future Foundation
Khalfan Belhoul is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Dubai Future Foundation
(DFF). Belhoul brings more than a decade of experience as a driving force in
transforming businesses and organizations that contribute to Dubai's strategy of
As CEO, Belhoul leads the DFF strategy across its five strategic business units that
include imagining and understanding the future, disseminating future knowledge,
building future capacity, designing, accelerating the future, and seeing and
experiencing the future. Under his supervision, Dubai Future Foundation continuously
works towards achieving its vision and goals of placing Dubai as a leading city of the
future, and a hub for innovation and technology.
In his current role, Belhoul’ s focus is to ensure Dubai Future Foundation acts as a
catalyst in prompting change and promoting innovation. This is implemented by
bringing together individuals, organizations, and government entities to turn their
visions into realities, and achieve sustainable and effective business operations.
Under Belhoul’s supervision, DFF is home to several initiatives that also provide the
environment and resources needed to promote disruptive, positive change through
prototyping, accelerating and knowledge sharing.
Prior to his role at DFF, Belhoul served as the Vice President of Strategy at Dubai
Holding, where he was responsible for formulating Dubai Holding’s strategic direction
and enhancing its investments and its role in the diversification of Dubai’s non-oil
economy. Earlier in his career, Belhoul played a key role in setting up the Belhoul
Investment Office, responsible for launching a sophisticated asset allocation strategy
spanning private equity, alternative investments, real estate and conventional assets.
Belhoul holds a Bachelor of Science in Finance and Management Information
Systems, and a Master’s degree in E-Commerce, both from Boston University in the
United States of America (U.S.A).
Khalfan Belhoul currently holds various memberships
across several entities in the UAE; these include:
• Chairman of Dubai Future Council for Entrepreneurship and Innovation Ecosystem
• Board Member of Emirates Schools Establishment
• Board Member of Emirates Development Bank (EDB)
• Board Member of UAE Football Association (UAEFA)
• Board Member at Rashid and Latifa Schools Establishments
• Member of Higher Education and Private Sector Council
• Chairman of Future Project Committee – Regulations Lab
• Member of Committee for Policies and Legislations - Fourth Industrial Revolution Council
• Member of Dubai International Communication Committee (DICC)
• Member of Committee – The Higher Committee of Future Technology and Digital Economy