Ghada Ali Omran
Forensic Medicine and Clinical Toxicology Department, Faculty of Medicine
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine and Surgery: Assiut University, Faculty of Medicine; Degree: very good with honor, 1995.
- Master’s degree in Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, Assiut University, Faculty of Medicine; Degree: excellent, 2001.
- PhD degree from the University of Leicester, UK, 2008. Thesis title: Forensic DNA profiling of a population sample from Upper (south) Egypt), included DNA fingerprinting; genotyping; population databases and sequencing of autosomal & Y- STRs)
- Membership of the International Society for Forensic Genetics (ISFG) since 2008, and the Arabian Speaking Group for forensic genetics, 2019.
- Worked as DNA fingerprinting specialist in a forensic lab in one of the Gulf countries. (2010-2011)
- Many national & international research and theses supervision in forensic genetics field, the latest of which was a book chapter titled: Polymerase chain reaction as a key technique in food safety, forensics and bioterrorism prediction: recommended validation guidelines. Food Toxicology and Forensics, 213-231, Academic press, Elsevier, 2021.
- Shared establishment and administration (technical & quality manager) of the clinical toxicology & forensic chemistry laboratory and worked as deputy manager of Forensic DNA laboratory & Diagnostics, Faculty of Medicine, Assiut University.