Senior Law Enforcement Industry Consultant
Policing Career Overview
- 18 years service with Police Service of Scotland.
- Extensive experience in covert intelligence gathering and the direction of various surveillance techniques. Using technical knowledge to progress and develop innovative intelligence gathering strategies.
- Investigated complex Internet investigations into Child Sexual Exploitation online activity.
- Led and delivered the implementation of a Cisco Digital Training academy for UK Law Enforcement, to upskill specialist investigators across the UK.
- Development and delivery of Data management strategies within law enforcement to identify and solve both tactical and strategic data challenges, reducing risk to the public and policing organizations.
- Board member of Scottish women’s forums for policing, technology and Diversity & Inclusion.
Key Skills & Activities
- Extensive experience in high level investigations as well as understanding and creation and analysis of strategic priorities to protect communities.
- Ability to conduct in depth mapping of data challenges within policing at a management and practitioner level, to understand and identify opportunities and layer technical solutions that will improve capabilities and increase performance.
- Working alongside technical specialists within SAS to translate business requirements at an intricate level into technology that will realize tangible value for investigators, extracting risk contained within raw and structure intelligence data. Utilizing SAS Visual Text Analytics and Investigation Management products, to surface relevant information and ensure investigative opportunities/gaps are visible, to optimize the detection of offenders and protection of vulnerable children.