- Crime Prevention
Scanning for the Future(s) of Policing: First steps towards a new global paradigm
This Working Paper explores the future of policing, which features contributions from across the Organization's 195 member countries, including interviews, dedicated Virtual
Rooms and in-person conferences.
- Section A examines how global future trends are impacting the operational context of policing and distills "new realities" for law enforcement.
- Section B discusses the implications for the policing function, its mission, roles, duties and capabilities.
- Section C, the paper considers what transformations in organizational models, workforce and equipment may be required to face a changing world.
- Section D then turns to the implications for international law enforcement cooperation of these many changes.
- Section E recaps and maps the different dimensions of the future of policing. It also offers several strategic directions as a prelude to a new paradigm.
The information presented on this page has been sourced from an official report by INTERPOL. We extend our gratitude to Interpol for their comprehensive research and insights. For a full understanding and to access the original report, please visit Interpol's official website.