This award category recognises ground-breaking innovation programmes within global police forces that have a major influence on enhancing the day-to-day operations of police forces or augmenting public safety and security.
Innovative Police Force Award
- Teams within global police forces and law enforcement agencies who have spearheaded innovative methodologies, technologies, and research programmes to solve crimes or enhance operational capabilities of the force.
- Entries can be related to any type of innovation within police forces and law enforcement agencies including operational enhancement, training, officer wellbeing, traffic safety, etc.
- Open for multiple entries from departments within a police forces and law enforcement agencies.
- Entry can be submitted on an individual or team level.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
The entry must include a cover letter summarising why the team/unit is submitting an entry for this award category. The cover letter must be 500 words or less, personalised, and must articulate the team’s (or the individual’s) journey and story in championing the scientific research/project for the benefit of the force. The cover letter must include information on key initiatives, research methodologies, and cost benefits, if any, that have helped the force.
Note: Cover letters can either be typed into the text box provided in the portal or may be uploaded as an attachment (word document or PDF).
Acknowledgment letters (mandatory)
Please include at least one acknowledgment/recommendation letter from your superiors or the head of the department highlighting the team’s efforts. Accepted formats: PDFs or image files (JPG/PNG). Letters that do not have signatures will not be accepted. Letters must be addressed to the Awards Jury of the World Police Awards 2024.
Other supporting documents (Optional)
- Links to any news articles, interviews, or publications that highlight the crime
- Photos or links to industry awards or recognition received if any
Measurable Impact (50%)
Please highlight how your force has embraced innovation to enhance day-to-day operations or to enhance public safety and security. Try to quantify the impact of the innovation projects as much as possible; the more numbers you include, the better.
Quality of the delivery (30%)
Was the project completed on time and within budget? Did the project deliverables match or exceed the initial objectives? Was the community/public involved in enhancing the project’s efficiency? Describe the challenges that were faced and how they were dealt with. What lessons were learned to improve the management of future projects?
How easy is it to replicate the best practices of your strategy/technology/process and apply them to other locations locally or globally? Does it have the potential to become an industry best practice?