The "Excellence in Road Safety" award acknowledges outstanding efforts and achievements in promoting safer roads. It recognizes individuals, organizations, and initiatives that have implemented innovative strategies and practices to reduce accidents and improve road safety awareness, education, enforcement, and infrastructure.
Excellence in Road Safety Award
- Teams within global police forces and law enforcement agencies who have spearheaded innovative methodologies, technologies, and research programs in the road safety field / traffic
- Entries can be related to any type of innovation within police forces and law enforcement agencies including operational enhancement, training, officer wellbeing, traffic safety,
- Open for multiple entries from departments within a police forces and law enforcement
- Entry can be submitted on a team level
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
- Elaborate on why this agency should be selected for this Describe the history, impact, and innovation that make the nomination special.
- Include evidence of demonstrated success and elaborate on the resolutions to the conflicts identified along with reflecting the outcomes or results.
- Explain how this entry reflects pioneering and leadership and how can others benefit from lessons learned or best practices?
- Demonstrated leadership skills including but not limited to initiatives taken to improve internal processes and team performance and processes; bolstered community relationships, and enhance public safety and security within the field of road safety.
- Initiatives taken to mentor and advance team members in the field of road safety.
- Implemented practices to improve their area of expertise within road safety.
- Evidence of approval letters and Acknowledgement letters (mandatory) – addressed to the Awards Jury of the World Police Summit.
- Supporting documents (Optional) [News Article(s), Publication(s), Certificate of Appreciation, Analytics, Photos & Video, Awards, etc.
- Description of history, impact and innovation (10%)
- Evidence of demonstration (outcomes, results and conflicts identified) within the field of road safety / traffic safety (20%)
- Knowledge transfer implemented from lessons learned / best practices (15%)
- Demonstration of leadership and initiatives taken to improve within the field (20%)
- Training and development of team members in the field (20%)
- Improvement in the area of expertise (15%)